Buttery Truffled Popcorn
This one is for when you’re in a rush and need a quick beer snack for (very welcomed) unexpected guests.
Popcorn is an excellent beer snack, and it doesn’t have to be dull or boring. Add melted butter and a few drops of truffle oil and make your popcorn a world-class snack. Decadent popcorn you won’t be able to stop eating.
This one is fine for Belgian-style beer, wheat beer and blond ales.
We bet you hadn’t thought about these!
This fancy popcorn from Outstanding Chef winner Patrick O’Connell is so delicious you’ll want to make enough to last beyond the end credits. O’Connell’s secret is adding a pinch of sugar to bring out the rich truffle flavor.
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons good quality truffle oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 small fresh white or black truffle (optional)
Place the popcorn in a large bowl; add the butter and truffle oil and toss to coat. Add the cheese, parsley, and sugar and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Grate truffle over popcorn just before serving, if desired.
6 to 8 servings